1 1/2 cups small pasta shells
1 1/2 cups large pasta shells
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 3/4 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
4 ounces velveeta, diced
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon of hot sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan of boiled water, cook the pasta shells until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook, whisking constantly for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the milk. Cook, whisking until the mixture thickens, about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the cheddar and velveeta in handfuls, whisking to melt. Stir until all the cheese is combined and
- Season with the mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Fold in the cooked pasta and stir well to coat all of the pasta with the sauce. Enjoy immediately.