4 medium-sized russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup half and half
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot with cold water. Add the potatoes and season the water with salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, boiling at medium high heat, until potatoes are fork tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and return to the hot pot.
- Add the butter. Using a hand mixer, beat the butter and potatoes to combine about 30 seconds.
- Add the half and half and beat until potatoes are whipped and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.