10 cloves of garlic, peeled
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika (also known as Pimenton)
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
Crusty bread or crostini, optional for serving
- Place the garlic cloves in a food processor. Using the pulse button, chop the garlic until finely minced.
- Transfer the garlic to an oven-safe dish (preferably a cazuela). Add the olive oil, red pepper flakes, and paprika. Stir to combine. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the dish with the olive oil and garlic mixture in the oven. Heat for 4-5 minutes until the oil is hot and the garlic is starting to be fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the shrimp and baste with the oil. Continue cooking until the shrimp is plump and pink, 3-4 minutes more.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread or crostini for mopping. Enjoy!