1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 large cloves or 5 small cloves garlic, minced
1 heaping tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 heaping tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 small baguette, split down the middle
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, parsley, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine until the mixture is thick and pastelike.
- Spread evenly and generously on each side of the split baguette. Place on a baking sheet or piece of foil and bake for 12-15 minutes until bread is crisp and toasted.
- Turn the oven to broil and broil the bread for 1-2 minutes until the top is browned and bubbling.
- Slice and enjoy immediately.