12 slices of thick-cut bacon
8 slices of whole wheat bread
Mayonnaise for spreading
2 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
8 leaves of iceberg lettuce or 2 cups mixed greens
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the bacon slices in half and arrange on the parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the bacon is crispy and brown.
- Transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread in a toaster oven, under the broiler, or alongside the bacon in the oven.
- On a clean work surface, arrange the toasted pieces of bread. Spread each one with a generous slather of mayonnaise.
- To build the sandwich, top four pieces of bread with bacon, making sure to cover each slice of bread with bacon. Next, cover the bacon with the tomatoes, and the tomatoes with the lettuce or mixed greens.
- Season everything with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover the greens with the bread that has mayonnaise on it. Slice in half and enjoy!
Makes 4 sandwiches.