Olive oil for drizzling
1 store-bought pizza dough
2 cups grated fontina cheese
1 small bunch broccoli rabe, bottom of the stems sliced off, rinsed, and dried
16-20 thin slices of pepperoni
1 large shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Red pepper flakes, optional for serving
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Oil a large cookie sheet and place in the oven. Make sure all of the topping ingredients are ready to go.
- Using a rolling pin or your hands, roll or stretch the dough into a large, flat, rectangular oval, a little smaller than the size of the cookie sheet.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and place the pizza dough on top. It may start to sizzle, this is OK.
- Sprinkle the fontina cheese evenly over the dough. Top with the broccoli rabe and pepperoni slices.
- Evenly place the shallot circles on top of the broccoli rabe and pepperoni. Sprinkle the garlic over the top.
- Finish, by sprinkling the parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the pizza. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes until the crust is crisp and brown, the broccoli rabe is slightly charred, and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes, if desired. Let rest for 1-2 minutes, slice, and enjoy!