6-10 jumbo marshmallows
1 quart vanilla ice cream (homemade or store-bought), softened slightly
1/4 cup cream
8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
24 graham crackers
- Preheat the broiler. Line a 9×13-inch pan with enough parchment paper to extend a little bit beyond the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Place the marshmallows on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet. Broil for 3-5 minutes until golden brown, puffed, and toasted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the softened ice cream in a blender. Add the heavy cream and the toasted marshmallows. Blend until it’s well combined. You should end up with toasted-marshmallow-flavored ice cream.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with saran wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Break the graham crackers in half and spread out in an even layer on a work surface.
- Remove the pan of ice cream from the freezer, uncover, and lift the parchment paper of frozen ice cream out of the pan. Working quickly, slice into six rows vertically and four rows horizontally.
- Cover 24 of the graham crackers with one of the ice cream squares. Cover each ice cream square with a graham cracker. Press down to ensure the sandwich stays closed. Enjoy immediately, or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve. Ice cream sandwiches will keep up to 4 days in the freezer.
Makes 24 sandwiches.