Although it may seem totally crazy, I throw a party practically every night. By myself. In my apartment. It’s called a Me Party and it’s about doing what you love to do all by yourself. Not to be confused with the depressing self-pity party, a Me Party celebrates being fabulous, alone in the comforts of your own space.
This week, I’ve already hosted three Me Parties. Mine always involve a decadent dinner and drinks. For example, on Monday I made champagne cocktails and broccoli macaroni and cheese. Last night I celebrated with Sean’s Tell All, rosemary salty dogs, and homemade chilaquiles.Tonight it’s Manhattans and crispy proscuitto paninis with 3 cheeses. I’m also performing my Wednesday night ritual of painting my nails.
Here’s 10 reasons why you should have your own Me Party. Very soon.
- You can wear your pajamas.
- You can eat whatever you want.
- You can drink whatever you want.
- Nobody pressures you to do anything you don’t want to do.
- If it’s your thing, you can dance naked.
- Yes, throwing a party for yourself is self indulgent, but it’s also liberating! And what happens at a Me Party stays at a Me Party.
- You only live once, so you might as well turn life into one big (me) party.
- A Me Party makes weeknights feel festive.
- It’s really fun. Trust me. And if you don’t, see reason 10 below.
- Amy Adams and Miss Piggy sing the Me Party song in the latest Muppets movie. It’s amazeballs!