Mother’s Day is on Sunday and I will be spending the day with my mom and family out in Walnut Creek. I can’t imagine what it is like to be a mother, but I do truly appreciate everything my mom (that’s her with my sister and I in the photo) does for me. I also like to honor my grandmothers, aunts, and friends who are all mothers. Thanks ladies! Here’s 10 ways to celebrate mama.
1. Make her a bouquet using her favorite flowers. This is what I’m gifting my mom on Sunday!
2. Make her favorite meal be it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I’m making a variation of Caprese salad (my mom’s all-time favorite dish) for dinner.
3. Write her a card and say I love you.
5. Enjoy a special drink with her be it a glass of lemonade, champagne, or white sangria. Cheers to her motherly prowess!
6. Take her to the movies. I’m not sure why, but moms love it when you do this. See the film she wants to see and don’t forget to buy her popcorn and a diet coke.
7. If you’re mom has passed away, remember her! Talk about the good times you had together and make her preferred dish. Cheers to her loving memory!
8. Let her do that one thing that drives you crazy, only this time don’t get angry or annoyed. Just let her be!
9. Hold her hand. My mom always wants me to do this and I never want to. The one exception: Mother’s Day.