I don’t know why, but during the summer and especially in June, I long to get away from the city. Today I’m craving a warm getaway, so I’m planning on spending the next couple of weekends someplace else — hopefully someplace that is hot and near a body of water, like the beach in Santa Monica, which is pictured above. Here are some links I found interesting this week.
• Pure Wow’s lemon hummus and vegetable sandwich recipe sounds like the perfect thing to make for my sometime vegan brother.
• I really wish I could afford a massive print of this pretty painting by Alison Cooley on the Tappan Collective.
• Daphne Oz shared her entertaining motto with Camille Styles and I kind of want to adopt it as my own: “plan for perfection, then relax.”
• I’m going to do this classic eye makeup look by Bobbi Brown for happy hour tonight. Thanks for teaching me how to do it, Into the Gloss!
• Design Sponge has a great round up of DIY backdrops for parties.
• I love this simple, but stunning floral arrangement on Style Me Pretty. I think I’m going to use the color palette as inspiration for my next dinner party.